A rare and exciting opportunity for a pharma or public health professional to join a global health organization fighting infectious and serious illness in developing nations through healthcare innovation and access.
● This small but well-funded NGO supports global health initiatives in infectious and serious diseases. Partnering closely with pharma and life sciences organizations in Japan their work is highly impactful to global health.
● Founded on the values of humanitarianism, global impact and innovation they have a clear mission to be the hub between government donors, innovative healthcare R&D and on the ground charities in developing nations.
● They have evolved to be an effective advocate for both Japan and vulnerable people in developing nations.
They now need a Director of Public Affairs to continue the chapter of their story.
● You will lead their public affairs and corporate communications strategy in Japan.
● Manage a small team.
● Work side by side with he President to shape the organization to the future needs of stakeholders.
● On behalf of the organization, negotiate with and guide stakeholders in government, pharma and healthcare, and global organizations.
● You will be an ambassador for the organization.
● At least 7+ years of experience in a public health, NGO or pharmaceutical organization.
● Experience of negotiating with high level stakeholders.
● Fluency in Japanese and English is required for this role.
● You must be resident in Japan.
● Knowledge of the protocols of government funding and influence are an advantage.
● People management experience is a plus.
● Knowledge of infectious diseases (from either a public health, scientific or commercial perspective).
If you feel inspired to join the mission, apply now for a casual and confidential conversation about this role.
* Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to respond to those that fulfil the Person Specification for this role. Thank you for your understanding.