Our client is Top 10 Global Pharma company operating in 6 major therapeutic areas including oncology, rare diseases, CNS/neurology.
Their core values are integrity and patient centricity and their business is designed around these values. The business is in a period of dynamic change and their pipeline is extremely strong with over 40 launches planned in the coming years.
This is a key role in the continued transformation of the commercial business to match the needs of patience and the challenges of the pharma landscape.
With a career in both pharma and experience in management consulting firm, you will be a change agent for this highly respected pharma organization.
With an understanding of the global and domestic pharma landscape, as well as the internal performance gaps and root causes, you will help to plan and execute a successful course to the future.
The role encompasses 3-key areas
Project Management Office:
• Evaluation. There are large number of projects. Re-evaluation at key stages of the projects is a key area of this role.
• Deliverables. You will ensure the quality of deliverables from the perspective of project management and supervise the team to achieve the goals of important cross-departmental initiatives.
• Risk Management. You will need to ensure that risk assessment is carried out for all projects and ensure mitigation strategies and monitoring of risks is maintained.
Business Planning & Strategy:
• Horizon scanning. Key to this role is the ability to look into the future of pharma both in Japan and globally, and to embrace the opportunities and be aware of the challenges that lie ahead.
• Performance gaps. With current and future business requirements in mind, you will need to be able to perform a performance gaps analysis and get to the root cause of the gap using both qualitative and quantitative data.
• Define the Strategy. With the information you will help to define the strategy with key stakeholders.
• Organizational Alignment. You will execute the strategy by aligning the organization to changes and interventions, ensuring clear understanding of intentions and expectations as well ensuring constant 2-way communication throughout the changes
• Course correction: Through constant communication with stakeholders, you will ensure that project objectives are met and challenges are overcome as they arise.
Governance Control Function:
• Manage leadership meetings Good-governance and integrity are keywords for this organization. You will be responsible for chairing key management meetings.
• Process Review. In consultation and coordination with stakeholders, rules and processes will be reviewed to ensure the establishment of an appropriate governance model and the promotion of business.
• Audit. You will ensure that audits are carried out appropriately and that insights for the audits are action upon..
• College graduates and above.
• MBA is desirable.
• Experience in a consulting firm and pharma experience are essential for this role.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry business, strategy and business environment. Knowledge of administrative trends and systems related to medical care.
• Experience in corporate planning and business planning.
• Experience in finance, budgeting and planning.
• Experience in leading multiple company-wide projects by related departments (e.g. project lead experience in the consulting industry).
• Holistic viewpoints for the entire organization.
• Communication in English (business English level).
• Communication in Japanese (native level is required - written, and spoken)
• A fresh and open-minded attitude, willing to promote innovative changes is essential.
• A change agent, able to successfully guide an organization through difficult and occasionally unpopular changes for the good to the organization and its patients.