Our client is a top global pharma company headquartered in Europe. The company has invested heavily in R&D over the past 10 years and the exiting pipeline is the fruit of that work.
Their pipeline of early assets is strong and focused on biologics and advanced therapies for rare diseases.
This is a key role for our client, a top global pharma company headquartered in Europe. The company has invested heavily in R&D over the past 10 years and the exiting pipeline is the fruit of that work.
Your role as a Director of New Product Planning is to assess the commercial viability of the portfolio of assets for patient populations in Japan and help to construct an optimal portfolio for the Japan business.
• Make a commercial evaluation to the pipeline of products in early/late development or licensing-in candidate products, including new modality such as gene therapy
• Prepare a basic commercial strategy, aligning with relevant department including medical, commercial, pricing, regulatory affairs, and global teams)
• Make proposals to the Japan executive team as well as the global stakeholders, to contribute to Japanese patients and the business.
• Work as hub of all functions relating to “new product evaluation and planning”.
• To re-align the company portfolio to the company strategy by assessing the commercial value of projects in terms of: Epidemiology, medical, competitive analysis, determining if unmet medical needs/opportunities exist, development plan, pricing, regulations, IP, safety management, etc.) to make the company portfolios better fit to the company strategy
• Map out the key opinion leaders in order to maximize business in the project, aligning with the relevant functions as needed.
• Build a Target Product Profile (“TPP”) including 5-10 years sales forecast for the project.
• Create a business case as an aggregated study or deliverable of the assessment.
• Ensure that a timely and effective communication and escalation process is communicated to and followed by all personnel in their respective area.
• Advocate continuous improvement of quality.
• Ensure all activities of associates comply with company standards and local regulations.
• Ensure adequate reporting of adverse events / technical complaint / compliance issue in accordance with company procedures.
• 100% timely delivery of all training requirements including compliance.
• Minimum 3-Years in New Product Planning in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Minimum, 10-years in the pharma industry overall.
• Minimum 3 years in New Product Planning (NPP) is highly desirable.
• University level (bachelors) degree; Medical, Marketing, Business Administration, Clinical Research, or related field.
• Business level English: There is significant communication with the global team so a fluent level of English is required for this role.
• MBA a plus.